[jdt-core-dev] Understanding JDT Indexing

Hi JDT Core devs,

I'm about to start working on my masters thesis in collaboration with Typesafe which will be about implementing semantic search for the Scala plugin for Eclipse. To gain
some inspiration and a better understanding of the challenges I'm currently studying how the JDT Search for Java works.

I've written down how I believe the indexing works here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1okvSn62IP-cuzdANd2fHgrtjvJuZMefS8y3YDEPpLp8/edit

It would be really great if someone who understand exactly how it works could give it a read and see if I got it right.

If you find that this document is accurate we could talk about putting it online somewhere to help the next developer who comes along and
wants to understand how it works :)

Cheers,
Mads Hartmann Jensen

Back to the top