RE: [jdt-core-dev] [1.5] JDT 1.5 preview available - codename "Cheetah"

You should toggle the compiler settings in preference page to use 1.5
compliance, source and target.
By default, a 1.5 compiler is not enabling 1.5 constructs...

You should obtain a 1.5 JRE, which you declare in Eclipse as an Installed
JRE (through pref menu)
so as to have the Cheetah compile against 1.5 libraries.

You should not however run Eclipse (patched) on top of the 1.5 JRE, since
it is fairly unstable still (1.5 JREs are only betas).

Best of luck !

             Eric Bodden
             <eric@xxxxxxxxx>
             jdt-core-dev-admi         jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             n@xxxxxxxxxxx                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/07/2004 04:19          RE: [jdt-core-dev] [1.5] JDT 1.5
             PM                        preview available - codename
                                       "Cheetah"

             Please respond to
               jdt-core-dev

Thanks for that - I would be willing to give it a try. However is there
some
documentation on how to enable Java 1.5 support?
I installed the plugin from the update site and opened an "old Java
project". Things like "List<int> l;" don't work there. Do I have to switch
compiler settings or add a 1.5 nature or so? Also: Do I have to have
installed the 1.5 Java SDK installed at all? And if so, do I have to run
Eclipse on that SDK?

Cheers,
Eric

--