Re: Re[6]: [jdt-core-dev] Re: What should Eclipse compiler default settings be ?

I see where you're going... it is true that when the method signature is
contractual it is hard to use all arguments.
Would you mind entering a bug defect for this one ?

|         |           Chris Grindstaff   |
|         |           <chrisg@appliedReas|
|         |           oning.com>         |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           jdt-core-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org        |
|         |           10/22/2002 03:44 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           jdt-core-dev       |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                      |
  |       cc:                                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  Re[6]: [jdt-core-dev] Re: What should Eclipse compiler default settings be ?                  |

Tuesday, October 22, 2002, 5:21:55 AM, Philippe Mulet wrote:

PM> Now it makes perfect sense. Maybe the argument warning should only
occur if
PM> the method has a body... do you agree ?

That would certainly handle some of the cases, hard to say what
percentage exactly.

There would still be the "problem" of the method having a body and not
referring to any of the augments because the method is an overridden
or interface-method. I found these cases happened a lot when
subclassing things like SourceViewerConfiguration.

A case that would handle methods like these would be to exclude those
methods that are overriding/implementing another method. However that
seems like it could result in too many missed cases.

Chris

--
Chris Grindstaff
chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  www.appliedReasoning.com