Re[6]: [jdt-core-dev] Re: What should Eclipse compiler default settings be ?

Tuesday, October 22, 2002, 5:21:55 AM, Philippe Mulet wrote:

PM> Now it makes perfect sense. Maybe the argument warning should only occur if
PM> the method has a body... do you agree ?

That would certainly handle some of the cases, hard to say what
percentage exactly.

There would still be the "problem" of the method having a body and not
referring to any of the augments because the method is an overridden
or interface-method. I found these cases happened a lot when
subclassing things like SourceViewerConfiguration.

A case that would handle methods like these would be to exclude those
methods that are overriding/implementing another method. However that
seems like it could result in too many missed cases.

Chris

--
Chris Grindstaff
chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  www.appliedReasoning.com