Re: [jdt-core-dev] Model not updated in time

> Stef,
>
> Any plugin A that needs the result of the resource delta processing done
by
> a plugin B would have the same problem. JDT cannot solve this problem. I
> think you should post your question to platform-core-dev.
>
> Jerome

As suggested, I have posed this question to the platform-core group. We'll
see what they have to add.
Still, I guess I don't have a good enough appreciation for why the Java
Model can not be up to date following invocation of the java builder (ie,
by the time POST_AUTO_BUILD is issued) and has to rely on POST_CHANGE
notification to complete it's work. Nonetheless, I respect the right of any
plugin to do it's work as it sees fit. And since the platform provides for
a POST_CHANGE notification, a plugin should be allowed to do whatever it
likes at that time. Of course, I'd like to add/remove markers during that
time, but alas that particular action is not allowed. :-(

   Stef

Back to the top