Re: [jdt-core-dev] Model not updated in time

I think you would need to listen to PRE_AUTO_BUILD too so as to detect the
scenario where your builder would need to be aware of a change not yet
visible in the JavaModel (this is how the Java Builder reacts to a
.classpath change, prior to the JavaModel noticing it).

                    Jerome_Lanneluc@oti.
                    com                         To:     jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                    cc:
                    jdt-core-dev-admin@e        Subject:     Re: [jdt-core-dev] Model not updated in time
                    clipse.org

                    12/17/2001 11:37 AM
                    Please respond to
                    jdt-core-dev

Stef,

Any plugin A that needs the result of the resource delta processing done by
a plugin B would have the same problem. JDT cannot solve this problem. I
think you should post your question to platform-core-dev.

Jerome

                    Stef_van_Dijk@xxxxxx

                    m                           To:
jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    jdt-core-dev-admin@e        Subject:     [jdt-core-dev]
Model not updated in time
                    clipse.org

                    12/13/2001 08:27 PM

                    Please respond to

                    jdt-core-dev

We have encountered a situation which we haven't been able to get around.
We currently listen to resource change notification on POST_AUTO_BUILD. The
result is that the Java Model isn't fully up to date at this point. We
could change our logic to run on notification from the Java Model, however
this currently won't work for us. The problem is that the Java Model is
being updated and signalling during POST_CHANGE resource change
notification, and the workspace is closed for change during notification of
these events. Therefore while I can perform the necessary validations
successfully, I am not allowed to add/remove problem markers to/from
resources, which was the whole point of listening in the first place.

It has been suggested that we should define a builder for this purpose. The
builder would be registered as a post builder of the Java builder. However,
I don't believe this will work. Since we are processing during
POST_AUTO_BUILD, we know the Java builder has already run. Looking at the
code, the flow seems to be that the builders are all run, POST_AUTO_BUILD
notification occurs (our code runs), POST_CHANGE notification occurs and it
is at this point that the Java Model becomes up-to-date. Defining a builder
would not appear to solve our problem.

   Stef