[incquery-dev] Hybrid pattern matching, IQueryResultProvider interface

Hi Everyone,

Recently I have started working on the hybrid pattern matching and I'm stuck at a point. From the viewpoint of local search I saw two possible ways of continuing development:
 - in the IMatcherBasedOperations (e.g. BinaryTransitiveClosureCheck), in which currently a LocalSearchMatcher is stored, use the IQueryResultProvider interface. To be able to do so, some methods should be added to the interface, for the IMatcherBasedOperation implementations inside use some methods of the LocalSearchMatcher that are not part of the IQueryResultProvider interface.
 This way it would be OK to provide runtime the IQueryResultProvider from the context, as it is done now for the LocalSearchMatcher, and it is not necessary to know the matcher algorithm at plan compilation time.
 - create matcher based operations that are capable of storing and calling RetePatternMatcher (subclass of IQueryResultProvider) in addition to the existing IMatcherBasedOperations. This case the POperationCompiler should know which operation to insert during the compilation of the plan: the local search or the incremental matcher based. This information will probably not be available when the plan is made. However, if we only do planning runtime, and already know the existing rete matchers and model, this could be an option.

I hope it is more or less clean what I wanted to ask, please reply if not.

Thanks in advance for the advices,
Marci

Back to the top