Re: [incquery-dev] Query Explorer refactor

Hi,

On 2014.03.15. 17:01:07, Tamás Szabó <tamas.szabo@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Hi

* @Abel: is it possible to change the filtering partial match after it
has been set for the first time. This is an important question, because
when, for example, the patterns are reloaded, the current match set will
be removed and it will be recreated.
Abel: Changing the filter match (simply calling setParam) after setting it is not supported. The EVM Rule must be removed and added with the new filter.
* When a new filter is set in the UI, I also need to update the contents
of the tree viewer. Can this be handled somehow with this
ObservablePatternMatchList? Basically I would like to see something like
setFilter, which would then update the contents accordingly (and also
send the notifications about it).
Abel: Yes, it may possible to handle this inside a setFilter method. You would need to (1) disconnect the cache from the updater (2) remove the EVM rule with the old filter (3) add the new rule with the new filter (4) put matches into a new cache (5) create diff between old and new cache and send it as list update. Note that this is similar to the update mechanism of computed lists, but we only have to do this when setFilter is called, and it won't be called by multiple threads at the same time for a given observable.

Cheers,
  Ábel Hegedüs

Fault Tolerant Systems Research Group (FTSRG)
Department of Measurement and Information Systems (MIT)
Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME)

Back to the top