[imp-dev] Proposed reorg of IMP SVN repository structure

Hi Folks,

I'd like to reorganize the SVN repository structure. Right now, it looks like this:

  org.eclipse.imp
      proj1
          branches
          tags
          trunk
      proj2
          branches
          tags
          trunk
      projN
          branches
          tags
          trunk

It seems more conventional (and easier to deal with) for it to look instead like this:

  org.eclipse.imp
      branches
          proj1
          proj2
          projN
      tags
          proj1
          proj2
          projN
      trunk
          proj1
          proj2
          projN

This way, for the most common case (checking out trunk or a set of projects with a given tag/branch), one has a better chance of being able to select a contiguous set of projects, rather than having to expand each one in order to find the appropriate trunk/tag/branch.

Obviously this will cause short-term pain as we all rebuild our workspaces, but I think in the long run it will cause less confusion to newcomers and less manual work for veterans.

Comments?

--
Cheers,
  - Bob