[imp-dev] Bootstrapping IMP.runtime?

Hi guys,

I noticed that a .g file is now part of org.eclipse.imp.runtime, which implies that one needs
LPG meta-tooling to be able to compile the IMP run-time and that the IMP run-time now depends on the LPG run-time.
(import org.eclipse.imp.parser.IParse)

I propose to factor out this dependency in a separate package. Because currently the IMP run-time depends on LPG,
both build-time and run-time, we've introduced a bootstrapping dependency that can be avoided.
Furthermore we burden users of IMP-runtime with an extra dependency. I.e. everybody that uses a
different parsing technology will also have to deploy LPG to their users.

Also, for my development team at CWI, who currently check out IMP run-time without having to install
LPG or LPG meta tooling, this added dependency is an unwanted feature.

Cheers,

Jurgen

Back to the top