Re: [imp-dev] Bootstrapping IMP.runtime?

Hi Jurgen,

I'm not sure what to do about this. On the face of it, your comment about avoiding LPG dependencies seems entirely reasonable. On the other hand, this basically implies that no part of IMP can depend on *any* parsing technology. That seems
too restrictive.

I can see where requiring a particular parsing technology for the language- specific stuff would be *real bad*, and against IMP's basic design goals. I don't think that runtime dependencies on LPG (or SDF, or ANTLR, or whatever) aren't
a problem.

That said, please remember that we now have the necessary IP approvals for
our dependencies on LPG, and can now distribute the LPG runtime from the
IMP update site. So our users won't have to go to multiple update sites any
more.

In fact, in general, eclipse.org requires that we distribute all non- Eclipse dependents from the eclipse.org-hosted IMP update site, so this isn't just
the result of our wish for simplicity.