Re: [imp-dev] split analysis manager stuff from pdb into pdb.analysis?

Hi Bob,

I'm working on fact persistence since yesterday. I've started on ATerm and XML (de)serializations of IValues.

Design decisions I've made so far:
  - We allow different kinds of serialized formats via IValueReader and IValueWriter.
  - IValueReader is parameterized with an IValueFactory, such that deserialization and construction is loosely coupled.
  - IValues are serialized without type information (in principle). Of course, there is no rule against it, but it should not be needed.
  - IValues are deserialized using an outermost Type. With this type known, and the TypeFactory
     allowing queries on which other types have been defined, a deserializer can validate what it parses.

So far, this has triggered me working on gaps in our implementation of IValues. No maps, no trees, no annotations.
The reason is that I'm currently most interested in deserialization of existing XML and ATerm files, for the initial
implementation of Rascal.

On the tests, we can easily leave the tests out of the jar, but still have them in the same package. I have a good argument:
the tests being so far off, they are more likely to not be maintained.

Cheers,

Jurgen