[imp-dev] Moving SADL project to new version of IMP--problem with SADLLexer.java

Title: Moving SADL project to new version of IMP--problem with SADLLexer.java

Hi,

To move my SADL language project to the new version of IMP and Eclipse 3.3.2, I ran the "Programming language descriptor" and "New LPG Grammar with Parser Wrapper for IMP" wizards. The resulting code compiled and ran so I then started moving my code into the new project files. Everything compiles except the following:

SADLLexer.java
SADLParseController.java

The former does not compile because "SADLLexerLpgLexStream" is not defined. In the initial SADLLexer.java created by the wizard, the code around line 219 is:

    //
    //
    //
    static class SADLLexerLpgLexStream extends LpgLexStream
    {
    public final static int tokenKind[] =
    {
        Char_CtlCharNotWS,    // 000    0x00

where as the code now generated is:

    //
    //
    //
    public final static int tokenKind[] =
    {
        SADLLexersym.Char_CtlCharNotWS,    // 000    0x00

In other words, the SADLLexerLpgLexStream class is no longer defined, which causes a number of related problems.

The SADLParseController.java file has an error in the "parse" method at the line:

                parser.reset(lexer.getLexStream());

because there is no "reset" method in the class SADLParser. This method was being generated in the Parser class initially, but now it is not. It is not defined in the SADLParser.g so must be added in the code generation process.

Note that the errors associated with these two files are the only ones shown in the Problems view, and the warnings are similar to those shown in an initally generated and functional plugin after running the two wizards.

This project's code (in its current, non-compiling state) is available at http://sadl.cvs.sourceforge.net/sadl/, if that is helpful. There have been enough changes in IMP, including the handling of package names for the project, that I thought it would be best to rebuild the plug-in piece by piece until full functionality is reached. This is the first stage. Your help in getting past these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Andy Crapo

Andrew Crapo
GE Global Research