Re: [ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

On 29 April 2016 at 09:58, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gunnar, Platform may also change their policy over time so you should not pick a schema that assumes Platform will forever work like today

I'm with Gunnar on this one. If the release structure/rhythm changes, we can always change the versioning again to better suit the new release structure. But not the other way around,  we shouldn't change to a versioning scheme that doesn't suit the current release structure. Your suggestion of having a real date like "16.10" makes it totally unclear if it is a major release or a minor one.

Back to the top