Re: [ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

The proposals are IMHO better than our current naming schema.

Sounds like most of us the following two alternatives:

Alternative 1:
Eclipse 2016.0
Eclipse 2016.1
Eclipse 2016.2
Eclipse 2017.0
Eclipse 2017.1
Eclipse 2017.2
Eclipse 2018.0
Eclipse 2018.1

Alternative 2:
Eclipse 16.0
Eclipse 16.1
Eclipse 16.2
Eclipse 17.0
Eclipse 17.1
Eclipse 17.2
Eclipse 18.0
Eclipse 18.1
Eclipse 18.2

I personally vote for variant 1, I also belong into the camp which did
not decode the Ubuntu naming schema for a very long time. So at least
Mickael and I got confused by that.

Who will bring the proposal to change the naming schema forward to the
planning council (assuming the planning council is responsible)?

Best regards, Lars