[iam-dev] Re: PDE Build based build system

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Abel Muiño Vizcaino <amuino@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2.- Proper packaging of the embedder. In my tests, the current packaging does not work well with PDE. But everything seem to be resolved by installing the embedder bundle as an uncompressed folder (instead of a jar file). See note on http://tinyurl.com/3zjknc

I've found more information on this (by chance).
Bug 252800 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/252800) seems to imply that uncompressed bundles are not welcome. Instead, the jars should be uncompressed (and the result compressed in a bundle, just like now).

The same bug explains why having several jars nested in a bundle works fine at run time but causes build errors (equinox can reach the nested jars, but the compiler can not).

This affects our packaging of the embedder.

Joakim has been experimenting with a branch for 1 bundle per embedder jar (some classpath issues were present, I don't know if this has improved lately). The other (probably simpler) option would be to uncompress the jars but still package everything in a single bundle.

--
Abel Muiño - http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com/

Back to the top