[iam-dev] PDE Build based build system

I've committed a pde-build project in trunk which is the initial draft for a pde-build based system. This will allow headless (automated) builds.

Several things are still not ironed out...
1.- Map files for checking out the projects from svn. Currently the code is assembled from the filesystem, which might contain local changes. 2.- Proper packaging of the embedder. In my tests, the current packaging does not work well with PDE. But everything seem to be resolved by installing the embedder bundle as an uncompressed folder (instead of a jar file). See note on http://tinyurl.com/3zjknc 3.- Only the core iam feature is being built currently (it should be easy to build all the features in several runs, but I think the proper way is to create a "root" feature which contains everything else and is only used for building).
4.- Several adjustments need to be done to default names
5.- No update site or p2 metadata is generated at this time
6.- There might be some hardcoded paths

The build script reads (optional) properties file from the dev-tools project to locate the target platform.

BTW: the technology pmc is evaluating if we can distribute nightly builds using our embedder bundle (which has not gone through IP). I'll let you know what's the final decision (in the worst case, a a pre-req dependency must be declared and approved).

Enjoy!
--
Abel

Back to the top