Re: [iam-dev] Branch for maven-embedder-2.1.0.659801c

in 3.3 you can write in the docs the need to add two repos and check them
When you click on select required features it will find the embedder
in the Q4E repo

2008/12/4 Joakim Erdfelt <joakim.erdfelt@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Also, adding those extra repositories manually to the content.xml and
> commiting that file to subversion is a good idea, as the p2 metadata
> generator will read / update / write that file, preserving the repository
> entries as you have them written.
>
> However, if you use the "sites to visit" in the site.xml then those entries
> will be overwritten with ones that are incompatible to the end result (ie:
> not enabled).
>
> - Joakim
>
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Joakim Erdfelt <joakim.erdfelt@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> While you can set the "sites to visit" for Eclipse 3.3, this will not have
>> the desired end result that you are looking for while using P2.
>>
>> The urls present in the site.xml will be added to the p2 metadata
>> repository (content.xml), but they will not be enabled, and consequently not
>> searched for extra content.
>>
>> Your url points to 127.0.0.1
>> Here's the corrected url - http://tinyurl.com/5j3uo6
>>
>> - Joakim
>>
>> 2008/12/3 Abel Muiño Vizcaino <amuino@xxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> Wouldn't the "sites to visit" page of the feature editor do the same
>>> thing -and work on 3.3-? Haven't tried it, but with some luck the p2
>>> metadata generator would add the references too...
>>> http://tinyurl.com/feature-editor
>>>
>>> El 04/12/2008, a las 1:24, Joakim Erdfelt escribió:
>>>
>>> For the past few weeks I've been using a modified maven-embedder to allow
>>> for AJDT & Modelling use within Eclipse Ganymede.
>>>
>>> I've created a branch at q4e to show what I've done
>>>
>>> https://q4e.googlecode.com/svn/branches/maven-embedder-2.1.0.659801c
>>>
>>> One thing we need to address is how do we create an eclipse.org update
>>> site that references the q4e update site for content, so that we don't
>>> include the maven-embedder into the /features/ and /plugins/ on the
>>> eclipse.org update site.
>>>
>>> I have a solution for that too. :-)
>>> (But only for Eclipse Ganymede users, I rely on P2.)
>>>
>>> This is how it's set up.
>>>
>>> 1) Generate the q4e side update site with the maven-embedder update
>>> within it.
>>> 2) Generate the p2 metadata on the q4e side.
>>> 3) Generate the IAM side update site.
>>> 4) Generate the p2 metadata on the IAM side.