[iam-dev] Allow the user to control which dependencies can be resolved from the workspace

Hello,

I stumble on this issue http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=169 and found out that this will improve the performance of iam. This is a candidate for removing permspace error when importing huge project like archiva.

Candidate because we need to document also that before importing a multi-module project, that project should be installed first in the users repo using the maven cli version of the embedder used in IAM. Because, I noticed that if you install a project using maven-2.0.9 then you install the same project using maven-2.1-SNAPSHOT, it will still download artifacts.

Which makes me think that if you install ProjectA using maven-2.0.9 and then in eclipse, you import ProjectB that has ProjectA dependency, there is a possibility that ProjectB would error due to missing dependencies in ProjectA since in maven 2.0.8 (i'm not sure if it's 2.0.8 or 2.0.9), plugin versions used are locked down unless specified in pom.

I also would like to vote to disable workspace dependency by default. In contrast to Abel's last comment in http://groups.google.com/group/q4e-users/browse_thread/thread/935e65e06ee8b848#, q4e would automatically resolve installed artifacts if you add a dependency in pom. So IAM has still big added value :D.

Back to the top