Re: [iam-dev] EMF Binding for Profile objects for the POM Editor

The funny thing is that with what I've done so far, if the element already exists in POM Source, it works. But if it's a new element, the new element doesn't get added. So I think either I'm doing it wrong or I'm missing something. =)

I also did think of using a tree. I'll go back to that idea and see what I can come up with.

Abel Muiño wrote:
I'm not a EMF Binding expert at all, but it seems like you should listen for selection changes on the table and then bind the model to the text fields (since they are used for editing several entities, I guess that the binding can not be statically defined).

This said... profiles are complex objects. I'm not sure if simple text fields will be enough for editing them.

For instance, you can configure plug-ins in a profile, so the whole plug-in editing UI already used on another page should be availlable?

Maybe we need a more dinamic UI? Using a tree (or tree-table) for showing the nested structure, vary much like the PDE editor for extension points? Maybe pop-up windows for reusing components?

Just my 2cents.