From: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nguyen, Hoang M
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 5:12 PM
To: hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [hyades-dev] Re-naming the "Agent Controller".

Given IBM has spent great deal of time in investigating the right name for the collection engine,

for consistency purpose, we will be adopting this naming convention unless anyone screams.

For acronym, we do not want to use just DCE (Data Collection Engine).

It will be confusing to existing acronym for Distributed Computing Environment.

As a result, we will prefix it with Hyades.

The new acronym will be HDCE (Hyades Data Collection Engine).

We will update all our documents and proposals accordingly.

In summary, HCE will go away. HDCE will be its replacement.

Regards,