[hyades-dev] TPTP and Hyades enhancement/feature requests

As most of you know we have been in transition Hyades into the TPTP project, and at the same time we have been introducing process change, as well as continuing to deliver new releases.

All enhancements are being tracked in bugzilla and any post 3.2 features will need to go through the new TPTP process, which involves a requirements review  by the requirements group as well as a plan approval by the planning group in order to assess resource allocation.

More information will follow regarding how to go about bringing an enhancement forward, and that will apply to all post 3.2 enhancements. Only after the above reviews and approvals will they be considered in plan. All enhancements approved by the requirements group will be listed on the plan features table currently shown in the draft documents section of the web site. This document will show the request bugzilla number, a link to a decryption document, as well as what priority and release the request is for. Once approved by the planning group it will be marked as "in plan". Any changes to the document has to go through the approval process. Mike Norman will formally own the requirements list, and Tyler Thessin will formally own the plan approval.

To facilitate the transition from the current to the new process the plan document is already populated with most of the known requests. Even more appear in CVS. As of the end of this week, all 3.2 requests listed in the table are considered approved by all groups and "in plan". In order to move any of those 3.2 requests to a different state requires approval. This means we are committed externally to deliver these features on schedule for 3.2 in December 2004.

To further facilitate this transition we need to create a baseline of information in CVS as well. The plan document will not get updated because of a change in CVS. In fact the enhancement in CVS needs to be updated to follow state change in the document. This means that by the end of this week we need to mark all 3.2 requests in the document with the correct priority (P1 or P2) and ensure all others are temporarily targeted to something else. You are also asked to update CVS to reflect the request state from the table. 3.2 request in CVS and the document are our baseline.

In addition all rows in the document need to have a link to a valid and complete description document, before it will be considered by the requirements group. This is a requirement for all the 3.2 approved requests as well.

The first requirements review will take place very early next week and hosted by Mike Norman. The person representing the requesting consumer needs to be able to speak to the request in enough detail to drive a target release and priority. By the time the requirement moves to the planning group for review it will need a rough sizing so resource can be balanced across the releases.

On the Monday commiter call the 3.2 requests will be reviewed for accuracy and commitment and after that all 3.2 change will need to go through the new processes.

So we really need you to work with the current commiter leads (Richard, Kent, Joe, Eugene, Antony, Nellie) to get the table and bugzilla updated asap, complete with description documents for 3.2 and any enhancements you want considered in the requirements review.

Thanks for your time and continued support.

Tyler Thessin and Harm Sluiman

Back to the top