RE: [hyades-dev] TPTP and Hyades enhancement/feature requests

It's probably worth amplifying the Requirements side of this a little at
this stage.

Every 6 weeks the requirements group will take as input the bugzilla
enhancements list (if its not in there it won't be considered) and any
supporting documentation in CVS (if the people on the requirements group
don't understand the requirement it is unlikely to get significant
priority). The requirements list to which we are actually working is
then no longer generated automatically from CVS, the requirements group
processes the CVS & bugzilla documentation, reviewing priorities, target
releases and also allocating the subproject within which it is to be
worked.  Priorities will be set around Themes which will be defined as
part of the overall process of defineing themes for Eclipse Releases.
The Requirements Group has a link up to the Eclipse Requirements Council
to help set the Themes and if there is somehing required from another
project we can handle it there too. There will then be a process whereby
the priorities etc set by the requirements group also propagate back
into Bugzilla to keep it up to date. The planning group then takes this
as input and decides what actually goes into plan dependent upon
available resource.

This afternoon we got a certain distance down the process of
prioritizing ehnancement requests, but the process will continue later
on in the week.  As far as Version 3.2 is concerned, the new process is
operating almost as a shadow.  We are not removing things that have been
assigned to the 3.2 release, we may assign new things to the release
and/or increase priorities but since there is a requirement for resource
to be allocated to them by the Planning Group, which won't meet until we
are done, impact to 3.2 deliverables, if any, is likely to be restricted
 to small additions to 3.2 i2. However for post-3.2 consumers'
requirements it is now an effective option to post the requirement
yourself (rather than through a Committer) and then drive through your
company representation on the Requirements and Planning group.  If your
company isn't represented I will endeavour to represent  the requirement
for you.

Mike

[Michael Norman]  -----Original Message-----