Re: [hyades-dev] Re: junit and derivatives

Thomas,
Thanks for your feedback.
It seems that there is important overlap between these 2 frameworks.
We certainly not be able to address both. So, we need to study which is the best during the specification period (ended sept 30th)

Dominique Guilbaud
Sr. Software Manager
Automated Software Quality
Rational Software
IBM Software Group
Direct: +33 5 62 16 56 52
Mobile: +33 6 16 47 13 12
dguilbaud@xxxxxxxxxx

Thomas L Roche <tlroche@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/01/2004 07:55 PM

Please respond to
hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[hyades-dev] Re: junit and derivatives

Dominique Guilbaud Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:25:28 +0200

> The plan is first to investigate the addition of the follwing

> JUnit-based tools:

> - HTTPUnit: this is for the HTTP protocol-based test and the idea

> here is to enhence the URL testing tool existing in Hyades

You might also want to consider HTMLUnit. There are partisans for each

tool; see much discussion on

> - Cactus for J2EE component testing. Nothing exists in Hyades today

> for this kind of test, This issue I have with Cactus is the need of

> WebTool project to automate the execution. To be investigate

> - Abbot for GUI testing. Nothing exists in Hyades today for this

> kind of test, and I think that Abbot is a good candidate for this.

> More investigation need to be done

I'd be glad to help, esp as Rational Developer gets past DCUT. Note

that abbot.swt has recently added GEF support: we can, e.g., drag nodes

off the palette, connect them, etc.

Back to the top