[hyades-dev] HCE Project & related Requirements

Team,

There are a few process issues around this, and these have been
difficult to resolve in the transition phase between old and new project
structures.  Given the quality and experience of the people involved in
the project, to a certain degree it is self-organizing and
self-correcting, but I think this may require a review.  In particular
the HCE has come bottom-up, whereas the top-down requirements stuff
hasn't really been articulated. Also the current RAC is perhaps
under-documented, and we have just fragmented the project so that the
RAC/HCE team sits in the core whereas the agent-writers and most of the
use cases for the agents sit in the indiviudual projects.

The HCE discussions should continue, but I'd like to frame the review
one level up. We now have a way of capturing and articulating
requirements through the Requirements Group, which we intend to meet
twice a quarter, and I think now would be a good time to put out a
request for contributions in the broad area of what this piece of Hyades
has to do.

"The high-level requirements that consumers (both open-source and
proprietary) of trace, statistical and log data put on the data
collection agents and any communication infrastructure that is used to
access them."

I'd like contributions to be framed at this level and kept short (max 3
pages) and posted to to hyades-dev not necessarily by the requirements
group company representatives.  Contributions from emerging project
member companies are particularly welcome.  If PR issues don't allow you
to stick yourr company's head above the parapet just now, fire them to
me and I'll contribute them anonymously.

Mike Norman
TPTP Requirements Group Chair