Re: [hyades-dev] raserver versioning

I wanted add one more thing to what I said below:

Just accessing the version info in the serviceconfig.xml programmatically
from the workbench may not be sufficient. The incident we ran into
recently was a new (3.x) installation picking up pre-3.0 libraries from a
shared location like system32 or /usr/lib. The version info from
serviceconfig.xml would surely have returned 3.0...but it would have been
a lie. I'm seeking version info built into the libraries. Is this taken
care of by the suggested approach?

Of course, user error led to this situation. But you'd still like to be
able to tell the poor confused user what's going on.

-Kim

Kim Coleman
PurifyPlus Development
IBM Rational Software, Cupertino, CA