[hyades-dev] Interface IDs

We’ve talked about how we will get unique interface IDs for use in the Hyades Collector Engine protocol, and I’ve proposed a couple of possibilities for pre-defining unique IDs.  Unfortunately, none of these has seemed sufficient to meet our needs.  The best we’ve come up with is a system of registering interfaces by unique name at runtime to get an ID from the HCE.

Attached is a document in which I’ve written this up in a format that will be added to the Hyades Protocol Specification document.  The first page will replace the “Interface and Command IDs” section on page 8 of the 0.5 rev of the document.  The second page will be inserted in the Agent Manager command list.

Look this over and let me know what you think.

-Andy