RE: [hyades-dev] New group

Joe

I love the  sound of people chiming in.

 I tried to get back to you last night but it appears to have bounced.
Anyway here's the gist of my response.

The "Platform" name can be changed, but I think it's not far off correct
and I'd rather we had a discussion of what we are building and what its
implications are before we change it.  let's talk on Monday at the
regular calls about it and/or wait until some more flames appear on the
mailing list.

It's important not to devalue this layer.  It is optional but it is also
extremely valuable.  It provides a generic way of defining a behaviour
in the "clean" Hyades model world and executing it in the "dirty" Hyades
agent and SUT world. The universality of the BPEL language means that it
can provide equivalent functionality to any special-purpose execution
engine (subject to the "edge" constraints imposed WSDL).  There is
nothing inherently non-performant about its implementation. There's no
parsing going on until you hit the end-point, and only then if you're
going via a textual binding such as SOAP, it's simply pushing references
around and re-casting them.

On the specific points Serge raised.  I have no immediate answers but we
have places in Hyades to address them.  Point 1) is with the Test Model
group. Point 2) is with the Data Collection group and Point 3) is with
the group currently known as Platform.

Mike