RE: [hyades-dev] New group

I would suggest "Test behaviour platform" or something equally scoping this is not the base for all Hyades, thus not the Hyades platform.

let me take a shot at the comments so far:

BPEL vs UML2
Even though there is a proposed UML2 model for Eclipse, we have yet to see if it is even something can directly leverage and depend on in Hyades. Asserting this has been our long term plan would be true, but today we only mimic parts of a snapshot of UML2. We need to understand if there is a BPEL model plan for Eclipse and how it will link to UML 2 before concluding a short or long term direction. Personally i happen to like subsetting down to BPEL now as it is in existence, but not delivering a "BPEL" model in Hyades. Import and Export to UML2 would be possible.

testability and SUT interfaces and WSDL
This is really a statement of data types via XSD and interface spelling. WSDL provides a subset we can implement anywhere and map to UML directly. The opposite is not true without work in the mapping of more complex types from UML. I like the BPEL approach as a minimal standard for a testability interface.

The fact that putting these things together creates an opportunity for a generic execution engine is actually a side effect, even though it was the motivation ;-)

It seems we need to have the discussion Mike and Antony were trying to trigger, at least on these 3 topics before we get deeper and have regular calls etc.. I think each interested party (company or org) needs to declare a representative and some call need to be had with any outside advocates/experts we want to bring in. We need to make sure we are meeting the needs as a platform and not just sticking to initial intent for the sake of our initial thoughts.

Thanks for your time.
Harm Sluiman, STSM,
phone:905-413-4032   fax: 4920
cell: 416-432-9754