[higgins-dev] Notes from Higgins Developers Call - 26-Feb-09

Attendees:
  • Paul Trevithick - Parity
  • Andy Hodgkinson - Novell
  • Hank Mauldin - Cisco
  • George Stanchev- Serena
  • Markus Sabadello - Parity
  • John Bradley
  • Drummond Reed - Cordance
  • Brian Walker - Parity

Logistics
Time: noon EST
Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 892048#

Agenda
1. [Brian] 1.1M6 - targeted for February 27
  • See [1]
  • There have not been any bug fixes checked in since M5 build. Have checked with people that had high priority fixes targeted for M6 and hopefully we will have some of these check-ins coming within the next week. Thus we will move the target M6 build date out to Friday 6-March. The wiki page has been updated accordingly.
2. [Brian, Alexander, Andy] Selector Architecture Harmonization
  • See [2]
  • This week we have been working status/updates via email. Will send out a more detailed update to Higgins Dev later this week with status details.
  • The high level update is the prototype CardSync web service is now operational
  • Andy is now able to make calls to the back-end service using RESTful interface Alexander development. Can create account, log out and doing the basics of working with i-cards. At this point - it appears we have all the back-end method calls necessary to support the mid-March FC2 demo.
  • The only issue noted so far is when sending request to back-end, sometimes can experience a delay in getting a response of up to ~30sec. Will work on debugging this further.
3.  [Markus] Should IdAS authentication materials be just a Java Object?
  • Discussed the open question on how to handing authentication materials. Need to be able to support two use cases:
  • Would it make sense to  (a) ID type of auth material like un/pw or certificate or saml token and (b) serialize and de-serialze auth materials.
  • Some approaches might include:
    1. Define  an identifier for every common type of authn materials.
    2. Have  an IAuthnMaterials interface that defines method for (de-)serializing authn  materials?
  • OTIS REST [3] has solved both problems by inventing its own authn material identifiers and serialization structures.
  • Open for additional input and ideas on this - will also want to reach out to Jim S. to get his inputs on this as well.
5.  [Anubhav] Swordfish and OSPERA (Pending RSVP for this week)
  • Nobody was on the call to address this issue - so will move this topic to a discussion point next week.
6. [Paul] Tweaks to home page
  • See [4] - minor editing pass
  • Eliminated links to Higgins 1.0 and 1.1 solutions in each column —just click on “learn more...” if you want to see them. They were a bit redundant.
  • Minor editing pass on [5]; cleaned up HTML markup —there was a lot of legacy cruft in there
7. [John, Drummond, Paul] R-Cards
  • Continuation of last week’s conversation
  • [6] wiki to be updated before the call
  • Discussed and made some updates to the wiki page for new r-card authentication design ideas. Please see the follow wiki page for details: http://wiki.eclipse.org/R-Card#Authentication
[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M6
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Selector_Architecture_Harmonization
[3] http://code.bandit-project.org/trac/wiki/OTIS/Doc/Task/Authenticate/AuthenticateUser