[higgins-dev] Improvements to the Components page

Title: Improvements to the Components page
I have improved the format of the tables on the Components page. Now there are “H1.0” and “H1.1” columns (instead of “first” and “ver”):
  • If there’s nothing in the column then that component is not part of that version of Higgins.
  • If there’s something in the column, it is ALWAYS the most recent branch that it is part of.

Now anyone can see at a glance things like:
  • If the component is new for Higgins 1.1
  • If the component was in Higgins 1.0 isn’t part of Higgins 1.1
  • Etc.

For example, the GTK and Cocoa Selector (aka DigitalMe) is not part of Higgins 1.1:

Brian,

  1. I noticed that the H1.1 column hasn’t been updated for M5.
  2. I think a lot of the entries in the H1.1 column are wrong for other reasons too. To fix this we need to correlate the nightly builds that we’re doing against the list of components that we SHOULD be building. And we should STOP building components that are not part of Higgins 1.1
  3. There are a number of missing components tables on the page too. Let me know if one of your team could add them. If not, I’ll do it.
  4. One problem we have is that there is now no way to know what’s building or failing. Can we put links to the LEDs red and green back on here) --If we put links to .JPG files (red or green) and rewrite the file with red or green pixels then we don’t have to update the wiki (cuz the Eclipse folks hated all the wiki edits this caused). Last time we had links to actual wiki images —these looked pretty but caused the wiki churn problem. I’m now proposing links (e.g. http://foo/bar/org.eclipse.higgins.cbselector.jpg) <-- and every night we’ll overwrite these image files. Links are not as pretty as [[Image:blah]], but also don’t have the churn problem.

--Paul

Back to the top