[higgins-dev] IBM paper on i-cards, Higgins and Oauth

Title: IBM paper on i-cards, Higgins and Oauth
John Bradley and I were emailing the other day about using i-cards to implement delegation vs. standard Oauth and it reminded me of the attached paper. “Secure Delegation for Web 2.0 and Mashups”. It was written by long time Higgins contributors Paula Austel, Mike McIntosh as well as Larry Koved and three other IBM/Watson folks.

It argues that i-cards can provide a better user experience for delegation than Oauth. No surprise there for Higgins folks. As we know, armed with a smart client lots of authn- and authz-related interactions have a superior user experience compared to approaches based on browser redirects, iFrame popups, etc.

The paper was presented at the 2008 Workshop on Web 2.0 Security And Privacy last May.

--Paul