[higgins-dev] Re: SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding is not thread-safe

Agree.

Inactive hide details for "Sergey Lyakhov" ---02/05/2009 01:20:05 PM---Mike,"Sergey Lyakhov" ---02/05/2009 01:20:05 PM---Mike,

"Sergey Lyakhov" <slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael McIntosh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

02/05/2009 01:20 PM

SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding is not thread-safe

Mike,

sts.binding.axis1x.client.SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding is not
thread-safe, because in configure() method it takes a "TokenServiceTrustURI"
URL from mapGlobalSettings and initializes the tokenServiceClient stub, that
is used than in invoke() method. As a result, we need to reinitialize
mapGlobalSettings (and SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding) each STS call. The
same problem is for MetadataExchangeServiceClientBinding, we need to pass
"MetadataServiceURI" within mapGlobalSettings into configure() method. I
suppose we need to use mapInvocationSettings instead of  mapGlobalSettings
to pass "TokenServiceTrustURI" into SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding, and
initialize a new tokenServiceClient stub for each
SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding.invoke(). I attached the patch with
proposed changes. If you agree I can commit it.

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov
[attachment "org.eclipse.higgins.sts.binding.axis1x.client.patch" deleted by Michael McIntosh/Watson/IBM]

GIF image

GIF image

Back to the top