[higgins-dev] SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding is not thread-safe

Mike,

sts.binding.axis1x.client.SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding is not thread-safe, because in configure() method it takes a "TokenServiceTrustURI" URL from mapGlobalSettings and initializes the tokenServiceClient stub, that is used than in invoke() method. As a result, we need to reinitialize mapGlobalSettings (and SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding) each STS call. The same problem is for MetadataExchangeServiceClientBinding, we need to pass "MetadataServiceURI" within mapGlobalSettings into configure() method. I suppose we need to use mapInvocationSettings instead of mapGlobalSettings to pass "TokenServiceTrustURI" into SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding, and initialize a new tokenServiceClient stub for each SecurityTokenServiceClientBinding.invoke(). I attached the patch with proposed changes. If you agree I can commit it.

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov