Re: [higgins-dev] proposed changes to Configuration and IdASRegistry

The context doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean that a descriptor for that context (which only contains type information, not values) doesn't exist.

(Is it legal to use "doesn't" three times in a sentence?)

I would very much like to separate a descriptor from the instance(s) that it describes. That's not the case in this first implementation, but it could be (and, IMO, should be) later.

...Greg

Markus Sabadello wrote:
Hmm but the method we're talking about is this:

public ISettingDescriptor getContextDescriptor(String contextIdName);

As I understand it returns an ISettingDescriptor for a context ID that doesn't exist. I wasn't talking about the one that gets the ISettingDescriptor of the IContextFactory itself (that would be getSettingDescriptor() in IConfigurableComponent).

So I thought since it returns the ISettingDescriptor of something that doesn't exist, createXXX would sound better.

But that was just a thought, getXXX works too of course.

Markus