Re: [higgins-dev] how to write a new IDAS ?

Jean,

I don't pretend to know about the interfaces to access smart card
attributes but, assuming you have an API already chosen to do that and
that those methods are similar to any other backing store, all you'd
need
to do is create what we call and IdAS Context Provider.  The IdAS API
is
the extension point and abstraction for different identity data
stores.
You've discovered the XML File Context Provider and you could use it
as
a guide.  For your demo, you could simply implement the IdAS APIs your
demo app would require to get started rather than attempt to implement
all of the IdAS APIs by Thursday.  :)

If you wish to contribute your smart card context provider back to the
Higgins project, you should create a
org.eclipse.higgins.idas.cp.smartcard
package.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them here or use
our
IRC channel #higgins on irc.freenode.net.

Regards,
Tom

>>> "jean-baptiste lézoray" <lezoray@xxxxxxxxx> 06/20/08 2:14 AM >>>
Hi all.

First i have to confess that i am totaly new to Higgins project, so
don't hesitate to correct me on any mistake i could write, or any bad
direction i could take . I am writing a demo that intends to use a STS
that contacts a smart card to retrieve informations (for next thursday
!!! ). Of course i choose Higgins cause it's the best i know, and
because its developpers are the best in the world ;- ).

So as far as i understand, the only modification i have to do is to
modify the data source to switch from the xml File to the smart card.
As i investigate the source code, I found out that i could write an
idAs extension (plugin?) to do that. Then i will create a card
template that maps the physical smart card attributes.  Ok but now i'm
stuck :
-  what should i do to "extend" an idas interface to implement this ?
created a package from a copy of the
org.eclipse.higgins.idas.cp.xmlfile, but i don't see any interface to
implement to do this.
-  how to configure the higgins STS to use that new extension ?

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated ...

Thx,
Lézoray JB

--
LEZORAY Jean- baptiste