[higgins-dev] Higgins Wiki organization

I've been going through the wiki adding the {{#eclipseproject:technology.higgins}} tag to the wiki pages to get the consistent left-hand menu. It occured to me that we could use the 'Cateogory' feature of MediaWiki to add a different dimension of organization to the wiki pages as well. It is fairly unobtrusive, but can help people find related items. I added this to a few pages so folks could see what it looks like. Just add something like [[Category:Higgins Solutions]] to the bottom of a page, and MediaWiki does the rest. See for example:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Category:Higgins

What does everyone think? Good idea? If yes, then we could put everything into one big 'Higgins' category, or we could come up with a (hopefully) short list of sub-categories in which to organize stuff. Since categories are global across the Eclipse wiki, if we go this way, we should probably use a naming convention of 'Higgins xxxxx' to keep things straight.

Back to the top