[higgins-dev] We can now control the wiki nav links - You can specify that the left-hand navigation links on Higgins wiki pages be same as the Higgins website navigation links

It is with great relief and pleasure that I announce that through the miracle of bugzilla item 179537, projects can now make the left-hand navigation links on their Eclipse wiki pages look just like the nav links on their Eclipse project web-site pages.

So whenever you create a Higgins wiki page, put {{#eclipseproject:technology.higgins}} in the top line of the wiki page to get the current Higgins nav links.
Many, many thanks to the Eclipse wiki folks for making this possible.
The top-level links on the Higgins home page have been converted, and we have a volunteer (Tom Carroll) to convert the other Higgins wiki pages over to the Higgins navigation links.
The character string that now controls the wiki left-hand navigation links has also been documented in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_Committers_and_Contributors#Processes
 This was the highest priority item on our "keep improving the Higgins website" list.
Other action items include:
    • Improving download pages
    • Revisiting the organization of the left-hand navigation links
    • Other wiki page naming convention improvements, etc.
-Mary

Back to the top