RE: [higgins-dev] fixing the component row templates

The dep links can continue to point to dependency pages if we need them to.  For those that I broke, we can copy the existing dep page content to the new dep page, or use wiki #REDIRECT to point the new to the old.  But we already have more up-to-date info if we look at a project's manifest (for the external lib's required), and then at http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.higgins/builds/org.eclipse.higgins.auto/runtime/resourceLocation.xml?root=Technology_Project&view=markup to discover where to download them from.

I had hoped we'd have some kind of configure target in build.xml by now that would fetch the dependencies for a project.  Do you know if anyone is working on that?  If we had that, then I don't think we'd need the dep links/pages anymore.

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/17/07 8:56 AM >>>

Jim,

First, I want to say thanks very much for doing this. Looks great. [BTW, a nit: as soon as Peter completes his work we’ll change your “nightly build” link to “download”  or “builds” or something because the new page will contain the nightly build, the stable build, the release 1.0 build (!), etc.]

What do you think we should do about the dep link and wiki pages?

Valery or Peter

I notice that iss and iss.cardspace’s “nightly build” links in the Downloads page don’t work. Any ideas?

-Paul

First, I want to say thanks very much for doing this. Looks great.

What do you think we should do about the dep link and wiki pages?

Val

higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]

On Behalf Of

Jim Sermersheim

Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:37 AM

higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Re: [higgins-dev] fixing the component row templates

I updated all the tables for y'all.  Some of the dependency links are broken now.  If you care, you can look at an old version of the page like

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Components&oldid=60587

 to find your old dependencies and copy them to the new dep page.

Personally, I think the dep column should go away.  I mean, the dependencies can be generated in a much easier and complete way.

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/16/07 7:09 PM >>>

I think people can convert over to the templates now

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/16/07 2:17 PM >>>

I took a stab at changing the template to do what we want, and it works in sort of a limping way.

I really wanted to be able to have the viewcvs point at the proper place regardless of whether the project is under /api, /plugins, or at the root.  To do that, we need the mediawiki extension ParserFunctions loaded.

I logged a

bug

 but it's one of 84 on the webmaster's plate, so I dont' know how long it will take for it to be addressed.

Jim

Back to the top