[higgins-dev] Re: Higgins?

Jim Sermersheim wrote:
> <snip>
>> k.  but that one, "org.eclipse.higgins" has a ton of stuff in it, and the
>> HBX one has only HBX stuff.
>
> You're making me remember how confusing it is to use eclipse.

ah ha, so it isn't just me....  ;-)

> Unless you want a local copy of all the higgins code, I would delete the
> "org.eclipse.higgins" project from your workspace,

well, I sorta do just want to "get it all" in one fell swoop. disk space is cheap & plentiful, and if one "has it all" then one can be fooling around someplace w/o connectivity (on a plane for instance) and not have to worry if one "has everything"....

> because there is no
> associated eclipse project for it.

perhaps there should be so that one can just snarf over the entire repository and then just build everything with one or a few commands (cf. mozilla's build regime).

> In order to actually build the HBX, you will also need a lot of dependency
> projects.  Each of these dependency projects need to appear in your
> workspace as a separate project.  Right now, you'll have to pull them all
> down one at a time unless someone has a .psf file that does that (Paul might
> know about that).

So, Paul, is there a way to, in eclipse, suck down HBX and all dependencies in one fell swoop? Elsewise, is there a list of dependencies?

>>> From there, (the hope is) people will be able to identify the kind of
>>> thing they want to play with and find an easy to understand description
>>> and instructions on how to pull it down and make it work.
>> but those directions aren't entirely written yet, yes? I note that the
>> "configure" and "build" sections of..
>>
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Web-based_Identity_Agent
>>
>> ..are noted as "to be written".
>
> Right, this is becoming the next big push.

super.

thanks,

=JeffH

Back to the top