[higgins-dev] proposed dependency project

this is just a strawman to get things moving.

I propose we add a project to the org.eclipse.higgins repository and call it "dependencies"
This project has a directory (and possibly sub-directories) for each dependency and within that (or those) will be the external dependency libraries that eclipse legal has approved for use and redistribution.

So, it might look like this (assuming these are approved):
dependency
-log4j
--log4j-1.2.13.jar
-openxri
--1.0.1
---openxri-client.jar

Note that in the case where a jar name includes its version, we can place the jar(s) directly within a directory for that jar.  OTOH, when the jar name doesn;t convey the version, we should create an intermediate version directory under which we will place the jar.  This allows for the scenario where two projects have dependencies on two different versions of the same-named jar.

Any issues with this?  Do we need to redistribute the license, notice, or whatever other legal file(s) that accompany each jar?

Jim

Back to the top