[higgins-dev] RE: [RESULT] Retire Heraldy from Incubator

All,

BTW, Higgins is another project to consider.

Unlike any other open source project I can think, of Higgins has a
protocol-neutral point of view. We think the world needs a set libraries for
creating IdPs, agents, and RPs that support all popular protocols (OpenID,
CardSpace/WS*, SAML, Liberty, Shib, etc.) and are available in P*, Ruby,
Java, C++, etc.

WRT to RP code in particular, I had thought that Heraldry would be the
natural place for this code. So a year ago I supported the creation of
Heraldry, especially as Higgins at that time was focused on creating
protocol-neutral code for IdPs and identity agents.

Now that the Higgins IdP and IdA code is coming together, we see the need
more than ever for the RP libraries. Our intent is to re-invent only where
necessary and instead collaborate with other efforts where the IP of the
contributions is clean.

Interest, energy and resources are ramping up within the Higgins community
to work on RP libraries. We're interested in reaching out to anyone who's
interested in working with us. Higgins is open to all. And we're not just
about Java anymore. Novell has been doing a ton of work on C++ versions of
Higgins components, as an example.

If you're interested in talking to us, feel free to email me, mary, jeff
(cced) or the higgins list.

-Paul

BTW, if you're not familiar with the Eclipse Foundation, think "Apache
Foundation" and you'll be headed in roughly the right direction.

Matt wrote:

> I will be moving the PIP codebase to a Google Code project where it
> will continue to be supported by me, my company (EastMedia, who built
> it) and anyone else that wants to participate. I am putting together
> plans for this now and will post about it when I have it moved over.
>
> I've stated before that I would support it, so unless anyone objects
> to this I'll be doing this in the next week or so.
>
> Matt
>
> On Jun 8, 2007, at 10:50 PM, Teh Elliott Cable wrote:
>
> > So what exactly does this mean for the PIP software? Will it just
> > be moved to somebody's private subversion server or what? Will
> > development continue? Or is the only RoR OpenID server software
> > about to go poof.
> >
> > On Jun 8, 2007, at 5:01 PM, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> >

> >> The vote to retire Heraldry from the Incubator as PASSED.
> >>
> >> Voting +1:  16  (14 binding)
> >>    J Aaron Farr
> >>    Matt Pelletier
> >>    Davanum Sirnivas
> >>    Robert Burrell Donkin
> >>    Justin Erenkratz
> >>    Niclas Hedhman
> >>    Alex Karasulu
> >>    Bertrand Delacretaz
> >>    Dan Quellhorst
> >>    Ted Leung
> >>    William Rowe
> >>    Noel J Bergman
> >>    Leo Simons
> >>    Brian McCallister
> >>    Jean T Anderson
> >>    Craig Russell
> >>
> >> Voting -1:  0
> >>

> >> Again, thanks to all who participated!
> >>
> >> --
> >>   J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
> >>     馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905

> >      elliott cable       _     _      +1.202.370.7968
> >                         ( \---/ )
> >     elliottcable.com     ) . . (          e@xxxxxx
> > ___________________,--._(___Y___)_,--.___________________
> >                    `--'           `--'
> > THIS MESSAGE (and any attached materials) IS INTENDED ONLY
> > FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS
> > ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
> > CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE
> > LAW.  If you, the reader of this message, are not the
> > intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering
> > the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
> > notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
> > of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
> > received this communication in error, please notify me
> > immediately by replying to this message and deleting all
> > traces of it from your computer.  Thank you.

> Matt Pelletier
> http://www.eastmedia.com -- EastMedia
> http://www.informit.com/title/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book
> http://identity.eastmedia.com -- OpenID, Identity 2.0