Re: [higgins-dev] Results of this morning's #higgins chat on deploymentconfigs

#2: We started a discussion of how we can make the whole thing easy to
install. At present you have to have a JRE and then you have to install
tomcat and then Higgins. And of course there's HBX itself. There was some
discussion of using Equinox instead of tomcat,etc. This area needs more
work. SergeyY is exploring Equinox.

Just like to make a little changes in this point. Equinox is a OSGi runtime
platform, it doesn't support servlets itself. To support Servlet API Equinox
should be either embedded into a Servlet Container or vice versa HTTP Server
should be embedded into Equinox. In any cases we cannot say "Equinox vs.
Tomcat" instead it should be said as follow "Tomcat alone vs. Equinox +
Tomcat" (or any other Servlet Containers).
Are you for sure we still need a second option and it is more easy/light?

--
Best Regards,
Sergei

Back to the top