* Issue #1: Size of the code to install (currently 12.3MB of jar files)
* Issue #2: Ease of installation
* Issue #3: Speed of first time startup (currently about 3 seconds)

#1: Almost all of this is 3rd party .jars (xalan.jar, etc.). We'll see what
could be removed.

#2: We started a discussion of how we can make the whole thing easy to
install. At present you have to have a JRE and then you have to install
tomcat and then Higgins. And of course there's HBX itself. There was some
discussion of using Equinox instead of tomcat,etc. This area needs more
work. SergeyY is exploring Equinox.

#3: 3s doesn't seem too bad to me, though faster would be better.

-Paul

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Deployments#Configuration_Summary

Back to the top