RE: [higgins-dev] Proposed updates to Higgins Architecture diagram perAustin F2F discussions

Mike wrote

> Paul,
>
> We are trying to figure out a few things wrt attributes for "personal"
> i-Cards.
> In "managed" mode, the STS pulls attribute values for claims from a
> Context via Context Provider/IdAS.
> In "personal" mode, it is unclear where the attibute (and master key)
> values are - are they in the i-Card Store?

SergeyL has been designing and developing the CardSpace Personal i-card
provider (CPIP). So he should answer rather than I. The doc he wrote here
[1] is extremely vague (and should be fixed).

But thinking out loud here...if I were designing the CPIP I think I would
have stored within the CPIP object itself a URI field: "<ContextId> /
<SubjectId>", where ContextId points to, say, a Jena-backed Context. And
SubjectId to a DS within it (the SubjectId can be null if there is only one
DS in the Context, BTW). That way I could pass this ContextId/SubjectId
reference along in the RST to the TS and the TS could open this
ContextId/SubjectId. I would have separately developed a parser to import
the MSFT-defined personal i-card format. And I'd have separately developed a
generator to export to this same format.

> It seems as if there is a need for the iCard Store for personal i-Cards to
> be accessible via Context Provider/IdAS.
> If so the lines aren't drawn to reflect that.

As mentioned I'm assuming that the runtime storage of CPIP attributes is in
IdAS. So only the existing blue link from the CPIP i-card provider to the
IdAS Component is required.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CardSpace_Personal_I-Card_Provider

<snip>

Back to the top