[higgins-dev] Questions about IdAS registry

Hi all,

I have some background in XRI technology and I'm interested in helping with the IdAS registry. I have a few questions about this page :

- What is the difference between ContextId and ContextRef? They are the same I think?
- The wiki page on "ContextId" says that a ContextId could be the URL of a tab-delimited text file, but the page on "IdAS" makes me think that a ContextId always involves XRI resolution? I understand that the IdAS looks up a Context Provider based on the <Type> of a ContextId, but what does it do if the ContextId is not an XRI?
- In Use case #1 on the "IdAS" page, the i-card manager first creates some i-cards based on the <Type>s of <Service>s in an XRDS, and then the user can click on one of them to perform XRI resolution and open a context based on the found <Service>. I think there may be situations, in which the ContextId could resolve to a different <Service> than the one it was originally created from. In addition, I think there needs to be some way to check if the XRDS changed between creation of the i-cards and opening of the Context. Timestamping or hash values or something like that.
- Some wiki pages mention the "abstract IdAS data model of Digital Subjects and Attributes" – does this exist already?
- I assume XRI resolution will be based on a WD11-compliant resolver, even if it does not exist yet? The new "strict" input parameter may be useful.
- What exactly is an i-card? Is it correct to say that an i-card has exactly one ContextId, and that a ContextId leads to exactly one Context?
- The description of the Context Registry mentions a <schema> element within a <service> block. What is this schema? Something LDAP-specific?
- Which software components relevant to this IdAS exist already?

greetings,
Markus

Back to the top