Re: [higgins-dev] Changes to STS

I've been working in the other direction.  Meaning, I've been looking at the Higgins data model and trying to make sure the IdAS interfaces expose that.  In the beginning, we had stated that the Higgins data model is restricted to OWL-DL.  I didn't see the ability in OWL-DL to do things like XML List datatypes (if that's what you're thinking of).

There is talk of moving to OWL-Full.  I'm not sure yet how this change would affect things.

Maybe once we get down to the property value level, we need to use an already-existing interface.  One which has the intent of Java-izing any XML type.

Jim

>>> Alexander Amies <aamies@xxxxxxxxxx> 3/27/07 3:32 PM >>>

What is othe proposed XML Schema representation for Iterator?  The link below has a table for XML Schema representation for all the basic types but not collections or Iterator.

Alex

Alex Amies
aamies@xxxxxxxxxx
Tivoli Identity Manager
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/identity-mgr/
714 438 5085

"Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/27/2007 09:54 AM

Please respond to
"Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions"        <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [higgins-dev] Changes to STS

<snip>
>As we discussed a long while ago (2nd f2f?), the current thinking is along
>the lines of:
>        <Setting Name="..." xsi:type="...">...</Setting>
>where the xsi:type indicates the format (in XML Schema terms of the
>content of the Setting element. Each unique xsi:type will map to a
>specific Java class for instance "xs:string" to java.lang.String and
>"xs:anyURI" to java.net.URI. For each xsi:type a handler will be
>registered to convert the content of the Setting element into an instance
>of the appropriate Java class:
>        <SettingHandler Type="xs:string" Class="java.lang.String"
>Handler="... .StringHandler"/>.

I was planning to implement something that will build an IdAS IProperty given an xsi type (like xs:string) and a lexical string.  The table of XML types to Java types being here http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/org.eclipse.higgins.docs/idas/org/eclipse/higgins/idas/ISimpleValue.html#getData().

I could also do the same for complex types (parsing the "value" will require an XML or DOM parser).  This code would probably end up in org.eclipse.higgins.idas.cp.toolkit.BasicAttribute or BasicSimpleAttribute and BasicComplexAttribute.

If this is useful for other components, I wonder if we should put it somewhere else.

<snip>

higgins-dev mailing list
higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx