Re: [higgins-dev] Changes to STS

<snip>
>As we discussed a long while ago (2nd f2f?), the current thinking is along
>the lines of:
>        <Setting Name="..." xsi:type="...">...</Setting>
>where the xsi:type indicates the format (in XML Schema terms of the
>content of the Setting element. Each unique xsi:type will map to a
>specific Java class for instance "xs:string" to java.lang.String and
>"xs:anyURI" to java.net.URI. For each xsi:type a handler will be
>registered to convert the content of the Setting element into an instance
>of the appropriate Java class:
>        <SettingHandler Type="xs:string" Class="java.lang.String"
>Handler="... .StringHandler"/>.
I was planning to implement something that will build an IdAS IProperty given an xsi type (like xs:string) and a lexical string.  The table of XML types to Java types being here http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/org.eclipse.higgins.docs/idas/org/eclipse/higgins/idas/ISimpleValue.html#getData().

I could also do the same for complex types (parsing the "value" will require an XML or DOM parser).  This code would probably end up in org.eclipse.higgins.idas.cp.toolkit.BasicAttribute or BasicSimpleAttribute and BasicComplexAttribute.

If this is useful for other components, I wonder if we should put it somewhere else.

<snip>

Jim

Back to the top