[higgins-dev] Re: Getting started with IdAS?

All,

Thanks again for the push in the right direction.  I think I'm
starting to understand IdAS and Higgins.  I still have a few questions
though based on observations:

1.  IdAS - It appears to me (I may be stating the obvious here) that
the IdAS is not so much a service in the sence that OpenLDAP/MySQL/...
are services but instead its a collection of interfaces and a registry
for interacting with backend sources that must be utilized by a higher
level "service" to be useful.  Is this correct?

2.  Configuration - Each CP is responsible for it's own configuration.
The only thing in "common" between context providers is that each one
is passed a URI in order to point to a config.  I have read the Novell
config schema and see that it it hard coded to work with either LDAP
or XML based resources.  I also saw that it is likely to change.  Is
there a "common configuration" subproject in the works or some type of
"best practices" for configuration design?  If every CP has it's own
config model I would think deployment of a complex IdAS based system
could be interesting.

3.  Bandit and Higgins - This one still confuses me.  What exactly is
the relationship between Novell <-> Bandit <-> Higgins?  Is Bandit
meant to be an opensource web access/authentication system with
higgins providing the core components?  Is Bandit the beginnings of a
new Novell product?

Thanks
Marc

Back to the top