Re: [higgins-dev] Getting started with IdAS?

Currently, the only component being automatically built (and thus
downloadable) is idas.  I know you can get and build idas, the jndi cp, and
the token service.  Each component should have build instructions here.

OK, I've got the source for the IdAS and the jndi CP.  Thanks.

Yes, IContext.open is effectively authenticate.  close is the opposite of
open.  I'm not sure why, but the idas javadoc from the nightly build seems
to be broken right now.  An alternate (though not in sync with the latest
head code) version is here:
http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/org.eclipse.higgins.docs/idas/

OK.  I'm still a bit confused but I'll go through the IdAS code.  The
main point of my confusion is the relationship between a CP and an
underlying connection.  IE  the jndi cp only has a single JNDI
context.  Does this mean that there is a 1-1 relationship between a cp
and an authenticated user?  Would this in turn indicate multiple
instances of a context provider are pooled inside of the IdAS?

Thanks again for the help

Marc

Jim

>>> "Marc Boorshtein" <mboorshtein@xxxxxxxxx> 3/8/07 10:51 PM >>>

> #1 was a topic of discussion a couple days ago on the irc or some form of
IM
> as well.  It was suggested that Tom put together instructions on how to
> install/configure the JNDI context provider.  I think it will show up here
> soon
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/JNDI_Context_Provider

Ok, I'll check it out once it's done

> For #2, there are unit tests for the JNDI CP, but I don't think there's
much
> beyond that (we should probably put out some sample code).  If you want to
> do something more complex, you could deploy the Token Service, backed by
the
> JNDI CP which is backed by an LDAP server.

the token service...great.Is that a download yet?  I only saw the
idas.jar under downloads

> At least for #1, to get started you can build IdAS and the JNDI CP
> (instructions here and here)

Ok, I've got these setup.  One question (might be unrelated).  Is the
"open" method on the context provider supposed to be an authentication
method?  It appears to be based on the "sample" in the jndi "dev"
package.

Thanks
Marc